Friday, November 04, 2005

Name

Recently, I talked about name during a group discussion in class, so I decided to tell you about my name. My first name is Yuka and it consists of two Chinese characters. The character of yu means friend. That of ka shows perfume. There are five reasons that my parents chose those characters for my name. They hoped that I would have many friends and many people would love me. Then, both Chinese characters of my name are easy to write. My parents thought that it was better for me because I could quickly write my names for exams. They also thought their names’ characters were easy, so those of children’s names should not be difficult to balance with my parents’. The final reason is that a fortuneteller said that if my parents chose the character of ka for my name, I would be less indecisive. However, I am fairly indecisive... I like my name because it is my parents' wishes. How about you?

2 Comments:

At 12:28 PM, Blogger Megumi Kakimoto said...

Thank you for visiting and commenting on my blog, Yuka!
Wow, your name has good meanings and seems great:-)
My name "Megumi (means blessing)" also has meanings. My parents named me "Megumi" because they wish that I can be blessing and have mercy. Moreover, all name of my sisters include the Chinese character "kokoro (means heart)." My parents named us wishing all of us have warm and kind heart.
Knowing about the way of naming is interesting, isn't it?!
Thanks,
Megumi K:-)

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger YukaMori said...

Hi Meg,

Thanks!
Oh, your name also has nice meanings :)

>all name of my sisters include the Chinese character "kokoro (means heart)." My parents named us wishing all of us have warm and kind heart.
Really?! It's great! I think your parents' wish came true because you are warmhearted and genial and I gather from you that so are your sisters.

Yes, it's interesting and I like it :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home