Friday, November 11, 2005

Through the school festival

Many things happened during the school festival. Members of my circle and I had unexpected visitors on the first day and the second. For example, a woman came to us with her sister and daughter. She was very talkative and funny. Also, her daughter was the apple of her eye and I enjoyed listening to her. She was a typical Osakan, but she came from the prefecture which I live in. (It is not Osaka.) The place which she lives in was famous for the cherry trees. I had had an image of the locals as elegant and quiet people like the trees. Therefore, I was surprised at her! Moreover, the place where she lives is too far from my university. It must take 3 hours at least to come the university!! The time which I can stand to go there is 2 hours, so if I were her, I would not come.

Then, for the last two days, members of my circle and I had less visitors than that of the first two days, so I was a little sad. However, we received many comments through the festival. Most of them were that our exhibition was good and many regarded my pictures as nice works. I was happy to know them with surprise. The happiest thing was what a visitor said to me. She asked, “Have you ever participated in photo contests?” I answered, “No.” She said, “You should do that.” I was very glad at it because I had never thought about photo contests. Thank you, all visitors!

P.S. These are three of my pictures which I showed in my circle’s exhibition. Postcards of the upper two were bought by two teachers who are not Japanese. They came to the exhibition on different days and bought the same two. It was interesting for me. One of them was a teacher of mine. He said that those pictures reminded him of his hometown. The bottom one was said that it was like a scene in a foreign country by some visitors. I was surprised at it because I took the picture at my university.







2 Comments:

At 3:48 AM, Blogger Nakaeri said...

Hello~
you should name a good title for each photo! I felt the secound one's tempuruture is very cold..
SMOGGGGyyy!
Winter photo!

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger YukaMori said...

Hi Eri,

Thanks for your comment!
The photos already have title and I did not show them here. The first is “Hikari no Naka - In the Light.”The second is “Kiri - Mist”and the third is “Gaidai kara Yuyake - The Sunset from Gaidai.”

When I took the second, it was not so cold :) Yes, it's a cherry tree in winter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home